When death occurs, making funeral arrangements may seem like an overwhelming process. The responsibility of taking care of a loved one’s final wishes is not to be taken lightly. This is where we come in. Contact Jeff Monreal Funeral Home at (440) 527-6294 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we will help you through the process. Here are some things you will need to begin:
- The name and location of the deceased.
- Your name and a contact number where we can reach you.
- The name, address, and contact number of the deceased’s next of kin.
- Any pre-arranged funeral arrangement information you may have.
We will set up a meeting at this time to discuss funeral arrangements. Some things you will need include:
- The deceased’s social security number, marital status, date of birth, state of birth, and a recent photograph of the deceased if available.
- Paperwork for pre-arranged funerals.
- Cemetery lot paperwork if pre-arranged.
- Clothing for the deceased.
We will help you contact your clergy, acquire death certificates, create an obituary, and we will prepare the necessary social security forms.
Some things to remember:
- Contact family, friends, and colleagues of the deceased to notify them of your loved one’s passing. They can be of great help to you during this difficult time.
- Consider pallbearers for burial services.
- Delegate arrangements for the deceased such as household care (cleaning, caring for pets, turning off utilities, etc.), notifying insurance companies (car, home, life), and reviewing debts and installment payments (credit cards, utility bills, insurance payments, etc.).
- Contact the lawyer and executor of the will of the deceased.