The death of a loved one can be extremely difficult. Our funeral directors are here to make this time of grieving a bit easier for you. Read on to learn a few things you can expect when meeting with a funeral director.
● We encourage you to bring someone along with you to make things a little easier, whether it’s a relative, family friend or someone close to the deceased. This can help you during this emotional process. They can also assist you in deciding on final arrangements for the funeral.
● When you arrive, you will be greeted warmly by our funeral director. He or she will do their best to make you feel comfortable and at ease during the meeting. This person will also give you a list of pricing for services, caskets and anything else you may inquire about.
● After a loved one passes away, there may be some legal papers that need to be taken the funeral director can help you take care of. He or she will likely need some important documentation so that the funeral service can go as smoothly as possible. Things you may need to share are: the birth and/or death certificate, any funeral pre-arrangements, and a living will and testament. Bringing these documents along with you will help the funeral home file all necessary paperwork.
● In order to write an accurate and detailed obituary, the funeral director may ask you for some information about the deceased. This can include names of family members, church affiliation, work history, any hobbies or interests and a photograph to share.
● Once all of the paperwork and small details have been filed away, one of our funeral director will help you begin to make funeral arrangements. Each person is different, and so is each ceremony. Some may opt for a more traditional burial and funeral, while others may choose cremation or a celebration of life gathering. Ultimately, the funeral director will look at any pre-arrangements made and help carry those out. Or, if none have been made, he or she will assist you in choosing the best option for you and your family.
Ultimately, our funeral directors are here to make you feel at ease during this tough time. If you’ve recently lost a loved one, contact one of our funeral directors today to set up an appointment.